Coding

Ok so I can officially state that I don’t know whether I am coming or going. I have gone through the transcripts bit by bit and coded them up and now I have a million codes that I don’t know what to do with (well a million might be a bit of an over estimate but that’s what it feels like !)  I did my initial transcriptions in Google Docs as it meant that I could access them where-ever and it was just more convenient. I originally planned to use comments facility and code straight into google docs but then I couldnt get it to work properly so I moved them into Word and used the track changes facility there.

I’m now in the process of copying my codes into a google sheet so I can try and make some sort of headway …

I’m supposed to be doing phenomenography but really can’t get my head around the whole differences thing … more reading ensues …. perhaps I might even learn how to pronounce it …

Advertisements

Transcribing Hell …

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

I’ve finally finished transcribing my interviews … 36 pages worth, 11, 135 words …. Yay !  Trouble is I would say it probably took me about 3 hours to transcribe each interview … it was definitely easier when I borrowed the transcription foot pedal from work … wish I had thought of that earlier !

Now all I have to do is to code the flipping things up …